Are you caught between the 2022 Ford Maverick Lariat and Lariat First Edition trim models? Ford’s all-new compact truck offers a new way to get around, combining hybrid power with impressive off-road and towing capabilities. And both the Maverick Lariat and Lariat First Edition models give you plenty of luxury features for your money. Let’s take a look at how these models compare, which will help you figure out which Maverick you prefer.
The 2022 Ford Maverick Lariat is the line’s top trim model, but it starts at a very thrifty price: $25,490. When you add the First Edition package to the Lariat, it becomes the First Edition Lariat. It starts at $33,005. (Note that you can only add the First Edition package to the Lariat if you’ve already added the Lariat Luxury package, which is included in this price.)
Power & Performance
Both the 2022 Ford Maverick Lariat and the Lariat First Edition come standard with the hybrid engine, which is paired with a continuously variable transmission to maximize fuel economy.
However, if you prefer a little more power, you can always upgrade to the optional four-cylinder engine. It’s mated to an eight-speed automatic transmission for optimal fuel economy at high speeds. And, with this engine option, you can add four-wheel drive to improve off-roading potential.
Both Maverick trucks include:
- Standard 2.5L hybrid engine (191 hp, 155 lb-ft)
- Standard Continuously variable transmission (CVT)
- Standard Front-wheel drive
- Optional 2.0L EcoBoost four-cylinder engine (250 hp, 277 lb-ft)
- Optional eight-speed automatic transmission
- Optional Intelligent All-Wheel Drive
Tech & Comfort Features
The all-new 2022 Ford Maverick Lariat is also big on comfort and tech features. Widely adjustable front seats help you get comfortable. And dual-zone automatic climate control creates two different zones of comfort.
Because the Lariat First Edition includes the Lariat Luxury package, it comes standard with a lot of features that are optional for the standard Lariat. For example, the Sync 3 infotainment system, complete with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, is standard on the Lariat Luxury.
- Five-passenger seating with front bucket seats
- Power eight-way adjustable driver seat with power lumbar
- Six-way manual adjustable passenger seat
- Dual-zone automatic temperature control
Lariat comfort and tech features:
- Optional heated seats
- Six-speaker stereo system
- Optional eight-speaker premium B&O sound system
- Optional Sync 3 with 8-inch LCD touch screen
Lariat First Edition comfort and tech features:
- Eight-speaker premium B&O sound system
- Four-way headrest
- Heated mirror, steering wheel, windshield, and seats
- LED box lighting
- Rear parking sensors
- Sync 3 with 8-inch LCD touch screen
First Edition Package
The 2022 Ford Lariat First Edition is technically just the Lariat trim model optioned with the First Edition Package. This package adds unique design elements:
- 17-inch unique aluminum wheels (gas-powered models)
- 18-inch black-painted wheels (hybrid models)
- Black-painted roof
- Black mirror skull caps
- Power moonroof
- Tonneau bed cover
- Unique First Edition decal
Remember that this package requires that shoppers choose both the Lariat trim model and the Lariat Luxury package!
Choose Your Compact Truck
If you want a fully loaded 2022 Ford Maverick, the Lariat First Edition model is definitely a great choice. It even comes with unique exterior styling, so you can’t miss it on the road.
If you prefer a 2022 Ford Maverick that’s nicely equipped, but doesn’t cost quite as much as the Lariat First Edition, the Lariat is the right model for you!