The order banks for the Ranger are closed, but if you want to receive updates for the new model year, leave your contact info below and we'll keep you updated as information becomes available!
The 2022 Ford Ranger has arrived, and it’s as adventure-ready as ever. Before you test-drive this midsize truck, check out our buying guide. We’re here to answer your most frequently asked questions.
What’s new for the 2022 Ford Ranger?
For 2022, the Ranger is rolling out new versions of its Splash appearance package. These new versions come in three flavors: Snow Edition, Forest Edition, and Sand Edition.
The limited-edition Snow Edition blends into winter scenes with its Avalanche exterior paint. Inside, you’ll find interior black leather upholstery with Ash Gray contrast stitching.
Choose the Sand Edition of the Splash package for a Desert Sand exterior, red grille trim, and black cloth upholstery with Ash Gray contrast stitching.
With the Forest Edition, you get a Forged Green exterior paint job, black wheels, and red grille trim. Inside, the Forest Edition includes black cloth upholstery with Ash Gray contrast stitching.
Each version of the Splash package costs an additional $1,495. The regular Splash appearance package, which includes orange paint, black exterior graphics, and unique interior trim, is also still available.
How capable is the 2022 Ford Ranger?
The midsize Ranger was designed to handle big payloads and heavy trailers. Every trim model features the same powertrain, a turbocharged 2.3-liter four-cylinder engine that powers the rear wheels via a 10-speed automatic transmission. If you’re looking for a trail-ready performance, you can add four-wheel drive to enhance traction on soft surfaces.
With the tow package and the right equipment, the Ranger tows a trailer weighing up to 7,500 pounds. And this midsize truck also hauls plenty of gear, with max payloads of 1,560 pounds.
For even more in rugged capabilities, shoppers can add the Tremor Off-Road package. It’s available for the mid-grade XLT and top-tier Lariat trim models.
Tremor Off-Road Package
- 32-inch all-terrain tires
- Off-road-ready Fox shocks
- Lifted suspension for 0.8 inch extra ground clearance
- Side steps
- Underbody skid plates
- Extra recovery hooks
- Auxiliary switches for accessories
Which 2022 Ford Ranger is best?
There are three Ranger trim models — the entry-level XL, mid-level XLT, and upscale Lariat — and each has its own attractions. The one you choose will depend on which of those attractions catch your eye.
XL (starting at $25,500)
The entry-level XL comes at a great rate, and it’s also nicely equipped with modern utility features and tech gear. The Ranger XL also offers some coveted options, including Ford’s infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto smartphone connectivity.
- 16-inch Silver steel wheels
- Air conditioning
- Auto-dimming rearview mirror
- 4G LTE Wi-Fi hotspot
- Four-speaker audio system
- Forward collision mitigation
- Manually locking tailgate
- Optional SYNC 3 infotainment with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Optional six-speaker audio system
- Optional dual-zone automatic climate control
- Optional Co-Pilot 360 package (blind-spot monitoring, lane keeping assist)
XLT (starting at $29,550)
Upgrade to the XLT for an even longer list of standard features and potential options. This model comes standard with the XL’s options, including SYNC 3 infotainment and dual-zone automatic climate control. You can choose from lots of high-tech extras, too, including available navigation.
- 17-inch Silver-painted aluminum wheels
- Keyless entry
- SYNC 3 infotainment with 8-inch touchscreen
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Six-speaker audio system
- Dual-zone automatic climate control
- Co-Pilot 360 package (blind-spot monitoring, lane keeping assist)
- Optional rear parking sensors
- Optional leather-wrapped steering wheel
- Optional 110-volt household power outlet
- Optional navigation
- Optional adaptive cruise control
Lariat (starting at $33,590)
Choose the top-of-the-line Ranger for most of the above features, plus a little extra style and substance, including leather upholstery and remote ignition.
- 18-inch machined aluminum wheels with Silver Gray pockets
- Remote start
- LED headlamps
- Leather upholstery
- Optional 10-speaker Bang & Olufsen audio system
When is the 2022 Ford Ranger coming out?
The newest Ranger is here! You can build yours right now and have it shipped to your local Ford dealership. Or, if you prefer to drive your midsize truck home today, you can swing by Lafayette Ford and check out our current inventory!